The light-hearted New Zealand teen series "Being Eve" featured several future Power Rangers alums from the Disney era. The show centers around 15-year-old Eve and the happenings in her family and school life. James Napier (Conner, Dino Thunder) appears in the very first episode playing Jared Preston, a not-so-smart classmate of Eve's. Her best friend Sylvie has a major crush on Jared, but it turns out that he's got feelings for Eve, not her, causing a rift between the friends, despite the fact that Eve is repulsed by Jared ever since she caught him eating a booger in class. Eve denounces his affections and love in general...until the new boy in school Adam shows up. David de Lautour (RJ, Jungle Fury) stars on the series as Adam LeBeau, a transfer student who Eve falls for. Despite his starring role, he doesn't show up until the last scene of the episode. Also starring on the series is Tandi Wright (voice of Aisynia Cruger, SPD). Wright plays Allanah, the girlfriend of Eve's father who happens to live next door to his estranged family. Allanah tries to get closer to Eve with gifts, which don't manage to soften the blow when she moves in with Eve's dad. The first episode is titled "Being in Love." The show stars Napier's future "The Tribe" co-star Fleur Saville as Eve. Napier is credited as James Robertson on the series.
David de Lautour
"Being Eve" is available on DVD (Non-US)
Previous Dino Thunder posts
- Emma Lahana in "Slap Shot 3: Junior League"
- Kevin Duhaney in "Crown Heights"
- Jeffrey Parazzo on "Samurai Girl"
- Jason David Frank on "Undressed"
- Katrina Devine on "Xena: Warrior Princess"
Previous David de Lautour Television posts
- David de Lautour on "Xena: Warrior Princess"
- David de Lautour on "Xena: Warrior Princess" - 2
- David de Lautour on "Legend of the Seeker"
- David de Lautour on "Legend of the Seeker" - 2
- David de LAutour on "What I Like About You"
Previous Tandi Wright posts